- 1 pizza dough
- 2 mild Italian sausages
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- chili infused or olive oil
- Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 550 F for 1 hour.
- While the stone is heating squeeze the filling from the sausages into a skillet and cook until just done. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet saute the mushrooms. If the sausages left behind a lot of fat drain some off leaving about a tablespoon to fry the mushrooms in. If your sausages were extremely lean add some cooking oil.
- Stretch your pizza dough and place on a cornmeal coated pizza peel.
- Working quickly spread the dough with the tomato sauce. Add the cooked sausage and mushrooms as well as the red pepper, the green onions and the cheeses.
- Slide the pizza from the peel to the preheated pizza stone and set timer for 7 minutes. Lift the crust to see if it is done. If not bake another minute.
- When pizza is done remove from the oven with the peel and slide onto a cutting board.
- Brush oil on the outer crust.
- Let the pizza stone cool in the oven.
Napolenta Pizza Dough