- 4 servings trout or salmon
- 6 cups spinach or greens
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced seeds removed
- 1/2 cup red pepper, juilenne
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro to taste
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 2 tbls hoisin sauce
- 1 tbls fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbls tamari
- 1 teas liquid honey
- 1/4 teas minced garlic
- 2 tbls orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in blender. While motor is running add olive oil.
- Marinade fish in 2 tbls of the dressing in a glass dish, skin side up, while preparing the salad.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Put greens in a salad bowl and add all other salad ingredients.
- Heat oven safe non stick fry pan over high heat.
- Add a bit of oil and put fish in skin side down to sear. Turn fish over and peel of skin. Baste the now skinless
- side of the fish with the left over marinade. Turn fish once more to sear.
- Put fry pan in oven and set timer for 8 minutes.
- Toss salad with the remaining dressing (more or less as desired).
- Serve fish on top of or along side the salad.
For a more filling supper serve along side some oven roasted potatoes.
Searing the fish should take no more than 30 seconds per side.