This recipe is so simple and so very tasty that I had to share it although I cannot take credit for it. My niece, Kim, and her husband Richard made these for us while we were visiting the Morgans in PEI.
- 400 grams raw frozen shrimp, 41-60 count
- 4 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water
- Preheat the barbeque.
- Thaw the shrimp in the fridge overnight. Remove the shrimp shell from the body but leave the shell tail section on.
- Cut the lemons in half lengthwise and then in 3-4 sections. The lemons have to be left big enough to thread on the skewers.
- Thread the shrimp and the lemons on skewers alternating 1 shrimp, 1 piece of lemon, 1 shrimp, 1 piece of lemon….and so on.
- Combine the garlic and the olive oil. Brush on the shrimp and lemon skewers.
- Place on the grill and cook until just done. Shrimp is done as soon as it turns pink.