We put together an awesome music mix specifically for caching that we call our Top 50 Songs To Go Geocaching and we thought that we would share them with you.
We realize that most of the songs are over 30 years old but, hey, that’s when all the good ones were made. :). Yes, we are dating ourselves but what can we say?, we are children of the ’70’s – when rock was hard and life was bliss!
So here’s what we’re listening to, in no particular order:
- You Ain’t Seen Nuthin’ Yet – Backman Turner Overdrive
- Going In Circles – Three Dog Night
- Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- I Get Around – The Beach Boys
- At The Hundreth Meridian – Tragically Hip
- Musta Got Lost – J. Geils Band
- So Far Away – Carol King
- Take The Long Way Home – Supertramp
- Saturday In The Park – Chicago
- Two Outa Three Ain’t Bad – Meatloaf
- Straight On – Heart
- ‘Round Here – Counting Crows
- Helplessly Hoping – Crosby, Stills And Nash
- Run Through The Jungle – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Can’t You See – Minglewood Band
- Workin’ It – Don Henley
- Under The Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Turn Off The World – Doctor Hook
- Show Me The Way – Styx
- Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes – Jimmy Buffet
- Take A Look Around – Joe Walsh
- Down In The Hole – Rolling Stones
- With A Little Luck – Paul McCartney
- I Missed Again – Phil Collins
- Try (Just A Little Bit Harder) – Janis Joplin
- Closer – The Corrs
- It Don’t Come Easy – Ringo Starr
- Round And Round – Edgar Winter
- Lunatic Fringe – Red Rider
- Looking For Clues – Robert Palmer
- Follow Your Heart – Triumph
- Abracadabra – Steve Miller Band
- This Must Be The Place – Talking Heads
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- All Over Town – April Wine
- Miss You In A Heartbeat – Def Leppard
- Radar Love – Golden Earring
- Play The Game Tonight – Kansas
- Ramble On – Led Zeppelin
- Lovin’ Every Minute Of It – Loverboy
- Pursuit on 53rd St. – Doobie Brothers
- Turn On Your Receiver – Nazareth
- I Ain’t Lookin’ Anymore – Prism
- I Know You’re Out There Somewhere – Moody Blues
- The Great Beyond – REM
- Take It To The Limit – Eagles
- Beneath, Between And Behind – Rush
- Fumbling Towards Ecstasy – Sarah McLachlan
- Into The Great Wide Open – Tom Petty
With the summer coming we’ll crank ‘er up and like two ‘bobble-heads’ we’ll head off down the road with the windows down and singing to the high heavens! Ahh, there’s nothing like Geocaching and Rock and Roll! Turn it on, turn it up, turn it loud!
What are you listening to?
Keep on cachin’!
19 replies on “The Top 50 Songs To Go Geocaching“
“Straight On” is *still* one of my favorites!
What a great idea for a blog post! I’m going to have to think about this and get back to you. I look forward to the challenge especially since God’ Lil Cache and I have a big caching trip scheduled for the end of June. You should send your list to itunes to be published.
Great songs! From another child of the 70s. Now I will be humming all day, thanks!
Interesting list for sure. My list would differ quite a bit, but I might have a few of the same songs. That being said, with the price of gas, you might have to use these iPod tunes as you walk or ride your bike to a cache! 😀
Here are a few you might want to add:
Searchin’ – The Coasters
Road To Nowhere – Talking Heads
The Wanderer – Dion
I’m Walkin’ – Fats Domino
We had a forum thread regarding this recently on our local website. We came up with some other good ones as well…
Excellent! I don’t know why “Walk This Way” never occurred to me. Of course, “Show me the way” could be Styx or Frampton. And what about Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen’s “Lost in the Ozone”?
Great list! If only you could compile them onto a couple cds. Excellent swag! Oh, wait…that would be illegal, wouldn’t it? Hmmm….
Thats a very interesting list! I’m more of a fan of hard/modern rock, so I guess I’ll have to respond with my own list now 🙂
What a great idea for a gift for my geocaching hubby!
You are so right! How did we miss Ramblin’ Man?! Highway to Hell? Sometimes it feels like that! LOL! Thanks!
Another song that totally should be on there. Rambling Man by the Allman Brothers Band. Awesome song to go caching to. also, Highway to Hell really sets the mood sometimes…lol
AWESOME AWESOME SONG LIST, I Can totally see how they all fit Geocaching 😀
love the list thanks for publishing it. I found this list a little late
Frans & Anne
Thanks for this beautiful list of “Geocache” Music!
Frans & Anne, The Netherlands
Frans and Anne, you’re welcome! Enjoy!
Frans & Anne
We try to make a Geocache Mystery with this list of music!
Frans & Anne
Sounds VERY interesting! Please let us know how it turns out. 🙂
fralanne (Frans & Anne)
As promised, our new Geocache we made in response to The Top 50 Songs To Go Geocaching!
Music = Life! Song Lyrics, GC5QN4N.
Greetings from the Netherlands,
French & Anne
Oh yes, if you solve the puzzle, and you are sending us the right coordinates, you can log it with a Found It!
Awesome cache! This is so cool! 🙂